The University of Nairobi welcomes applications from qualified students across the world.
The application process has several aspects to it, including qualifications, experience and your reference
The University of Nairobi recognizes the London GCE, 'A' level qualifications or their equivalents; International Baccalaureate, any final secondary/high school examination deemed equivalent to the Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education as recognized by the Kenya National Examinations Council or any internationally recognized examination body.
Kenya Entrance Requirements
To check the equivalence of your qualification to Kenya entrance requirements, please visit the Kenya National Qualifications Authority (KNQA) http://rev.knqa.go.ke, you will be required to create a profile before applying for recognition, equation and verification of your national and foreign qualifications. For more information visit http://www.knqa.go.ke/. The KNQA charges a nominal fee for this service.
Post Graduate Admissions Requirements
- Degree certificates and transcripts presented for consideration should be certified by the issuing institutions.
- Translation of certificates not in English is mandatory for ease of processing.
- ·Degree certificates and transcripts of institutions not accreditted should be subjected to a verification process by the Commission for University Education (CUE)
- ·Documents such as Kenya pupils pass, commitment letter, valid passport etc should be available.
Student Pass ( VISA)
All international students are required to obtain a student pass (Visa). This is a document issued to applicants (foreign students) (section 30(1) of the Kenya Citizenship and Immigration Regulations 2012, who wish to pursue their education in Kenya's Education or Training Institutions where they have been accepted or admitted. The applicant (foreign student) must be accepted as a student by an approved Educational or Training Establishment. The International Office which is currently domiciled at the Directorate of Corporate Affairs facilitates the process of student pass (Visa).
- A duly filled, signed and stamped application Form 30, by the institution's authorized personnel. You will print out the form at the end of the application for a Student Visa.
- Detailed and Signed Cover letter addressed to the Director of Immigration Services from the institution indicating the course to be pursued and the duration
- Signed commitment letter from the sponsor or sponsoring institution or proof of funds for self-sponsored students
- National passport copy of the sponsor/parent or guardian.
- Copy of a valid national passport (the bio-data page)
- Current immigration status for the pupil/student(If in the country)
- Two (2) recent passport size color photos.
- Duly certified Copies of basic academic certificates.
- Documents in foreign languages should be translated into English by either the Embassy, Public Notary, or authorized /recognized institution
- Clearance letter from Department of Refugee Affairs for refugees.
- Police Clearance Certificate from the country of origin, or if a resident, from the Kenya Police Service
For more information about international students please click here
To apply for a course click here
To see courses offered please click here